Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Technique Tuesday Birthday Smirthday Balloon Cards

Hello there!  Today I have a couple fun birthday cards to share using two of Technique Tuesday's newest Birthday stamp sets.  When I saw these, I seriously couldn't wait to make something with them.  They have Teri Anderson's quirky personality all over them with the adorable balloon images and fun handwriting.  :)

For my first card I stamped the balloons in archival ink onto watercolor paper and then colored them in with my distress inks (applied to my craft mat) using a paint brush & water.  This is a super fun way to use distress inks and stretch your supplies.

I actually made this card three times using both paper-piecing and Copic markers for the balloons, but this turned out to be my favorite look.  To finish off my card, I poked holes below each balloon and strung coordinating thread.  I love the extra texture and touch of realism it gives the card!  :)


For my next card I stamped my images in colored ink and then colored them in with Copic markers, allowing the colors to blend where the balloons overlap.  To give my balloons a shiny mark afterwards I pulled away some of the color using my Copic colorless blender pen.  When my coloring was good and dry I finished my card off with sentiments stamped from the set using my favorite Versafine Onyx Black ink.


I had a lot of fun getting inky with these sets and working with happy rainbow colors always makes my heart smile.  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  :)


Supplies used (available at Technique Tuesday)


Supplies used (available at Simon Says Stamp)

Supplies used (available at Scrapbook.com)

1 comment:

  1. Totally grinning over the rainbow quality of these cards!! That first card with the smiley balloons - oh, my , goodness - I am just swooning over your coloring and I love the rainbow stripes at the side of the card - Definitely bright and happy!!! The second card has simple, subtle colors that make those balloons seem so real!! Love the rainbow stripes sides on that one also!! You have just delighted me with these rainbow, happy, terrifically cute cards!!! Have a wonderful day!! Love and hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...