Friday, February 27, 2015

Bella Blvd. Tiny Tots Layouts ~ Day 2

Happy Friday!  As promised I'm back to share my last two layouts using the adorable Tiny Tots collection by Bella Blvd.  (in case you missed my previous post, more projects using this happy line can be seen HERE, HERE and HERE).

This layout was one of the last projects I created, but it turned out to be one of my favorites (and probably my quickest to create too).  Pie charts have been all the rage for awhile now, but this is my first time making one. I seriously don't know what took me so long though because it combines my two loves:  Circles and lots of patterned paper!  My page was inspired by a wonderful sketch by the great Becky Fleck at Page Maps.


For my title I cut out two of the words from the strip found on the borders patterned paper and added a third word using the darling chipboard alphas.  To form some separation between each of my pie shapes, I added a mix of different border stickers from the Treasures and Text sticker sheet.


My last share was actually my very first project I created with this collection.  I thought these papers were a perfect compliment to this photo of my daughter's preschool with the alphabet rug!


For my title I was inspired by the giant heart die cut from the paper pieces set.  I then knew my title had to be pretty short and sweet to fit within that space.  The ABC's & 123's chipboard pennant was just what I needed to carry out my theme and fit in the space!


I'm always looking for ways to showcase more of the my favorite patterned papers and ground stickers from the collection and this patchwork border (inspired by the rug in my photo) was just the ticket.

It's hard to tell from these photos, but for my abc's border just below my title, I pleated the striped patterned paper using my Martha Stewart scoreboard to give them the look of a ruffle.  It's a subtle detail, but I like the texture it gives my page.

For many of my layouts using this collection I wanted to stretch the papers I had so I could utilize both sides for my additional projects.  To achieve this I cut out the centers whenever they would be covered by other elements as was the case with this red star paper.  Afterwards I mounted the entire page on a piece of old cardstock in a color that I don't really care for anymore.  It gives the layout stability and makes me feel good using up cardstock that would otherwise go unused.



Well that wraps up my little series using this darling collection.  I was pretty pleased I was able to create 4 layouts and 6 cards using this one set with plenty of scraps to spare!   Now that I've made a bit of a dent in my stash I won't feel quite so guilty filling my cart with more from Bella's latest adorable release!  ;)

Thanks so much for stopping by and for the sweet comments that have been left.  They always make my day!  :)


Supplies Used (available at Scrapbook.com)

4 comments:

  1. Totally love these layouts!!! The colors in this collection are so bold, bright and happy! I love the patterns and I think you did an amazing job (as you always do) with pairing up the perfect photos to match the colors in the paper. Hayley was so stinking cute when she was that little!!!
    Love the layouts my friend. I hope you are enjoying your weekend!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both layouts are wonderful....but the pie layout with that adorable photo of Hayley is one of my all-time favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a genius - that tip about saving the patterned paper by using lesser loved cardstock to attach the layout to - what a seriously cool and helpful tip!!! I swear there is no trend out there that you cannot just HIT OUT OF THE PARK on the first swing!!! Love the pie chart - the awesome journaling and the phenomenal use of the patterns and colors in this collection - that applies to both of these stellar layouts!!! Will you be creating anything with the Color Chaos line - I won that line and would love to see what you create with it if you have it!!! Anyways - AMAZING and I wish you a Happy Weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Taunya! I picked up some of the Color Chaos from my local store so hopefully I'll have time to play with it soon! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...