Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A Doodlebug Santa Express Christmas Holiday Layout

Hi there!  I have have a new layout up on Doodlebug's blog today.  :)  I can't begin to express my excitement at working with this year's Santa Express collection!  It is filled with so many beautiful patterns and darling images!  And can I just gush over how much I love the addition of the bubblegum pink and swimming pool?!


For my title I layered a circle over one of the darling new doilies and arranged my letter stickers using parchment paper (a trick I learned from the amazing Melinda Spinks).

To from a little border along the top of my page I used the reverse side of the tags from the Christmas Tags Craft Kit inspired by a wonderful Scrapbook Generation's sketch.  I love how these tags are double sided!


To decorate my little tag embellishment I punched out a 1-3/4" circle from the very merry paper.  A little stitching, star jewel, a snip of a border sticker and some washi tape and I was done with my simple tag.


To complete my visual triangle I have a third little grouping in the bottom right-hand corner of my layout using my favorite Doodlepop from the collection.  Isn't that sweet tree irresistible?!  To form my border along the bottom I used a strip of pistachio lace washi tape--I love how at a glance it looks like I die-cut a fancy border, but in a fraction of the time!


I hope I've inspired you a bit today!  I can't wait to see what you create with this fun collection!


Supplies Used (available at Scrapbook.com)



Page 1 of 2

2 comments:

  1. WOW - I am loving and honestly in awe of all that circular stitching!! I too, love the addition of swimming pool and bubblegum to this collection!! Love the doily with the title circle inside - awesomely done!! And that adorable Christmas tree with sprinkles decorating it - GENIUS!!! I love the pic of your daughter with her work of heart - not only are you an extremely talented and prolific crafter - you also seem to take perfect photographs!! I am always so glad to visit your blog and be in awe and wonder of your absolute and total creativity!! Keep up the awesome work and just know you have a HUGE fan in me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...