Friday, July 25, 2014

An Echo Park Summer Adventure Down By The Sea layout

I thought I would share a layout I created as a page challenge for my local Craft Warehouse's Scrapbook Club.

For this challenge we were each given the following:
  • (1) 12x12 sheet of yellow cardstock
  • (1) 6x12 sheet of Echo Park's Beach Icons paper (with waves on the back)
  • 4 small summer puffy stickers (I used the sun which I layered with a Doodlebug sprinkle)
The rules of this challenge are that we must use a little bit of everything they give us, we must have at least two photos with a little bit of journaling and we can mix and match it with any other supplies we wish.  


I chose to use the beach icons paper with a circle punch, mounting them on banner using Papertrey Ink's Banner Builder Dies.  I added a little extra detail with some blue pearls and Papertrey Ink's pinking shears border die.  I must say this is one of my most used dies--I seriously love the it!

For my title I used American Crafts Thickers paired with some old American Crafts rub-ons I've been making a point to use more of.



As an extra embellishment I added a tag with a chipboard anchor, button and paper strip from last year's Fancy Pants Down By The Shore collection.  I love how well it matched the wave pattern on the back of the Echo Park paper!



It's definitely not a profound layout with a lot to say, but it feels good to get these super old vacation photos in a scrapbook where we can enjoy them.  :)

7 comments:

  1. Queen of Cuteness, it may not be profound to you, but I say it's pretty darn creative!! Taking 3 required supplies and turning it into something fun and interesting is not an easy challenge. Kuddos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Angie C.D. said-I love this layout!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to ask a question-who makes the puffy stickers. I really do love this layout!!!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The sun puffy sticker was made by Momenta (it may be an older product as I just saw Craft Warehouse is clearing them out with their sidewalk sale), but the epoxy dot I layered over the top is a Doodlebug "sprinkle" in their Bumblebee color. :)

      Delete
  4. You know what, Mendi? I think you are extremely clever and creative - What a super fun challenge and you TOTALLY aced it!! Love this layout and the way you "cute"d it up!! So awesome - I just love seeing your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my friend! Such a wonderful layout! I love the colors, so bright and summery... gorgeous photos and I adore that banner you created. Nicely done! I'm so out of the loop and have not had a chance to get on the computer much at all so I am trying today to visit some friends' blogs. =) Miss you!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo! You always make my day brighter. Hope you are feeling better. ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...