Wednesday, June 25, 2014

"All About Me" Layout using Doodlebug's Sprinkles Vellum!

I have a new layout up on Doodlebug's blog using a staple in any paper crafter's arsenal: Vellum!  But not just any vellum, Sprinkles Vellum.  I am smitten.  I love it's translucent quality and those sweet little raised glossy polka-dots!



To fully show off it's translucent qualities I cut two butterflies on my silhouette in two different sizes which I layered on top of each other and then tied with doodle twine to form my antennas.I found that it was easy to hide my adhesive on the center of my bottom butterfly with the multiple layers (although 3M spray mount is an excellent product when in doubt--Just make sure to do it inside a big cardboard box because it can ruin any surfaces it lands on).  ;)


To form my diamond background I altered and cropped a square lattice card design on my Silhouette software and then cut diamonds slightly larger from different colors of the sprinkles vellum which I glued with a Zig glue pen to the backside.  I embellished the design with sugar coated brads applied at each point.


To repeat my color scheme I used small tone-on-tone polka-dot (and striped) prints from various 6x6 collection pads for my journaling strips.  I love that Doodlebug has a consistent color scheme year after year so I know I will always be able to mix and match.


There are so many fun ways to use this amazing product.  Make sure you keep checking back to see all the cool projects the team has up their sleeves.  :)

8 comments:

  1. Mendi, you always do such creative projects. I love this one.....it is so fresh and cheerful. I'm going to have to get some of that Doodlebug's Sprinkles Vellum. I love Doodlebug stuff and have quite a few of their things.....Sugar Coating, brads, glitter paper, twine, gems...I can go and on. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mendi, Love this look! What brand of card stock do you use in your Silhouette? I'm having trouble getting a clean cut with mine. Using a new mat and new blade so that is not the problem. Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. For textured cardstock I think American Crafts is one of the better ones. I also like to cut smooth cardstocks like Neenah and other similar brands. Also make sure to set your settings to textured cardstock and set your blade accordingly. Sometimes when I'm having trouble, I cut it twice without ejecting my cutting mat and that usually solves any troubles I'm having with other brands. Also, I recently discovered that on certain papers it easier to cut from the backside so I flip my design before cutting. It gives a cleaner look somehow. Hope some of these tips help. ;)

      Delete
    2. Thank You Mendi for the tips. American Crafts paper gets a lot of votes so I will have to locate some and experiment more. Some pattern papers work great but card stock, especially Stampin Up is difficult to cut even on the heavy setting. Naturally I have loads of that brand LOL

      Delete
    3. I have a feeling Stampin' Up is super good, heavy cardstock. I generally stick with paper and cardstocks under 90 pounds. For thicker cardstock you might try the Silhouette Chipboard setting to see if that helps. ;)

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful layout so filled with hope and beauty!! You are indeed a beautiful person!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your diagnosis. May God bring you healing from head to toe. And that lattice work? AWESOME. Love how you backed it with vellum, Queen of Cuteness. Did you cut the vellum with the Cameo? By the way, I've been having trouble leaving comments. They just disappear after I press the publish button, so I apologize if you are getting doubles of my comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I did cut the vellum on my cameo. After I was done with the white cardstock portion I did a release compound path &/or ungroup and then did an offset so they would be slightly larger and give me something to glue to the back of the white cardstock. ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...