Friday, April 11, 2014

A Red, White & Blue Chevron Striped Nautical Card

Spring makes me think of Nautical themes so with that I thought I would share a card I created last year that I never got around to sharing.  :)


For my focal point image I used Silhouette Rhinestone Anchor cutting file which I then set to work filling with some value rhinestones.  I love how sparkly it looks in person.  For my background I layered chevron stripes cut from cardstock using Papertrey Ink's Chevron Stripes Border Die.  When I think of Nautical clothing, I think of white stitching on bold colors so I added a bit of that with some large eyelets to complete the look.  My sentiment was heat embossed using Papertrey Ink's Think Big Favorites Mini Stamp Set.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Hope your weekend is peachy!  :)

1 comment:

  1. This birthday card is awesome! I love the chevron background and in those big bold blue and red colors... definitely nautical colors... the rhinestone anchor adds a bit of pop and sparkle! TFS my friend and I hope you are having a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...