Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Pebbles Yours Truly Valentine's Day Card

I have a little last minute card I made this week for my local scrapbook store's "card club".  Each month they provide us with a couple supplies in a baggy and ask us to return with a card sharing how we used the supplies we were given.  For this month's challenge we each received a card base from Pebbles Yours Truly 5.5 x 8.5 Cardmaking Pad (I got the one shown in the bottom, right corner) and a small strip of Doodlebug Heart Pearls.

I had already bought several papers & the matching rub-ons from this super cute collection so I was excited to have a good excuse to play with them!  I decided to cut my card base into a 3.75" square and to cut the heart out with my cutting knife (leaving a small border) to create a little window of sorts.  Afterwards I popped it up with foam tape and added some of their "Sweet Nothings" paper to the negative cutout.  I then cut a banner on my Silhouette and used the "Love" sentiment from Pebbles Watermark Rub-ons.


For my final finishing touches I used my Doodlebug Heart Pearl in the center of the "O" and stamped the word "you" using Technique Tuesday's Simply You by Ali Edwards stamp set. So simple and yet I think the papers make it so sweet!

I'll be back on Friday with another card.  Until then, I hope you have a craft happy day!  :)

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful my friend! I love the window you created and that floral paper is gorgeous. Love the stitching too! =)
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this! The floral pattern peeking through, the banner, everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so pretty! Pinned this one too!! (it's just too pretty not to!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...