Friday, December 20, 2013

Day 24- A Papertrey Ink Happy Hexagons Holiday Card

Welcome to Day 24 of my holiday inspiration series!

Today I have a card using Papertrey Ink's Happy Hexagon Mini Stamp set and matching Hexagon Cover Plate which I used as a mask for my card.  Nichole Heady provides a awesome PDF and video which helped me in creating a random pattern where no two colors touched based on the number of colors in my color scheme (for my card I used Colorbox Pigment ink in Moss Green, Limeade, Cranberry and Cupcake).  



My sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Think Big Favorites #21 series which was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black Ink.

I also have a last minute project that I couldn't resist adding today.  As soon as I saw these adorable TicTac wraps in the Silhouette store I knew I must make them.  They are sooo easy.  In fact I think the hardest part was removing part of the sticker label on the TicTacs so that it wouldn't show in the cutout windows.  



We are having a unusually small gathering for Christmas Day this year so I thought that I would put them in the center of each place setting at the dinner table.  :)

Wishing you a productive weekend getting lots of things checked off your "to do" list.  ;)

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card with the hexies and those Tic Tac boxes are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Mendi... I love the idea of the tic tacs in boxes. Are you in Australia? I want to give little things like that to people in nursing home that don't have family..how did you make the covers ...boxes..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I'm in the USA. I used cut files by Lori Whitlock which I cut out using my Silhouette Cameo tool. You can find the cut files to purchase here: http://shop.loriwhitlock.com/search.php?Search=&search_query=TIC+TAC+WRAP

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...