Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Day 1- A Doodlebug North Pole Christmas Layout

How are you?  Are you busy getting ready for your Thanksgiving feast tomorrow?  Today marks the beginning of a new Holiday series I'm kicking off.  From now until the day after Christmas I will be sharing a different project each day which equals 30 days of inspiration!  Hopefully you won't grow sick of me.  ;)  I know we are all busy so I will do my best to keep my posts short and sweet.  I just thought it would be fun to spread a little festive holiday cheer each day.  :)

To kick off my series, I thought I would share a layout that I created using Doodlebug's North Pole collection from last year.


This collection had lots of fun silver accents, but I really wanted to stay with red, white and green so I cut out the center of this red journaling label from the collection and backed it with some smooth white cardstock.  I cut the extra words for my title on my Silhouette using the Lavanderia Sturdy font.


For my journaling I was able to find a font that matched pretty well with Doodlebug's Christmas label called LD Petticoat from Lettering Delights.  A few cute stickers from the collection paired with some star jewels and pearls along with some candy cane washi tape form this year's Home For the Holidays collection and I was done.


As a last minute addition, I also have a little card I made for my local scrapbook store card challenge using Doodlebug's Home For the Holidays collection. We were given one sheet of paper from their 6x6 pad and a red rhinestone.  I chose the poinsettia paper with the red tone-on-tone words on the B side.

I cut a circle from the center of my paper and covered it with the Spellbinders scalloped circle.  This allowed me to cut a flower from the back side without it being visible.  I paired my paper with some other Limeade Petite Prints and a red print from the North Pole 6x6 pad, some Ladybug doodle twine, a white doodlebug button and mini lily white pearls.  I had a lot of fun trying to recreate the look of the poinsettias in the background paper.


Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to hang with me.  Hope all your last minute holiday preparations go smoothly.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Love the little Christmas tree with ornaments on it, very cute. Thanks a lot (said sarcastically), another layout I must scrap lift ;)
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that sweet layout...and those pouty pics are really quite adorable :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...