Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Another Doodlebug Happy Harvest Fall Themed Layout

I can't believe Thanksgiving is right around the corner and that it will be Christmas before I know it!  With that mind I have one last fall layout to share using Doodlebug's Happy Harvest collection.  :)

I've had these photos that we purchased with carnival tickets from my daughter's school carnival for six years now that never quite matched other fall collections.  They have a vibrancy that just seemed to overwhelm other fall papers, but I thought they were an awesome match for Happy Harvest!  :)


I cut my title on my Silhouette Cameo using Loni Stevens "Fall" cutting file paired with "new friends" from Kerri Bradford's School Years: Ad Ons.  I love to mix blocky font with cursive fonts and I thought they were a great compliment to each other.


There was a journaling sticker which was part of the Happy Harvest This & That Stickers (the 12x12 sticker sheet that comes with the collection kit) which I cut in half to lengthen and fit around my borders.  I then dressed it up with an owl doodlepop.  I also stitched some Bon Bon doodle twine through my scalloped border for a fun detail.


Lastly, I knew I wanted this darling tree sticker to take center stage on my layout so I made sure to leave plenty of room for it in the bottom corner.  I grounded it (so it didn't appear to be floating) by using some strips of layered cardstock and washi tape and then hand-stitched the veins in the leaves.


If you haven't picked up some of this darling line, I totally recommend checking it out!  It's so much fun to create with!  I was so excited that Two Peas in a Bucket finally got it in (found HERE).

Supply List:



2 comments:

  1. ADORABLE!! I really love the rounded corners on your photos with the white mat and also the outlined FALL title letters. Did you create that or use a particular font?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's a cutting file in the Silhouette store. If you click on my word "fall" in the description it will link you to it. She has a number of cool words with this style. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...