Monday, August 19, 2013

An Echo Park Here & Now Family Portrait Layout

I have another project up over at Lori Whitlock's blog today using one of my favorite collections of hers "Here & Now" and a number of her fun SVG cutting files (also available at the Silhouette store).

I layered 5 different cutting files of Lori's in this little grouping.  I had some old (OLD) Autumn Leaves ticket stamps that I paired with Lori's ticket shape.  I also mixed things up a bit by removing the shadow from the "Spring Is Here" title and enlarging the word Spring, using them on two separate lines to fit on my label.



I created a second grouping to form the second point in my visual triangle using Lori's layered flower, pennant and a matching sticker from the collection kit.  I added a pearl brad and some foam tape for my flower to add a little interest.



We have been taking this same outing to see the Japanese cherry blossoms along the Portland (Oregon) Waterfront for almost a decade so I feel like I have run out of things to say about it (along with the fact that I have several more layouts from this same day) so I chose to omit the journaling on this one.  I felt one of Lori's tabs with the date was just what I needed to finish my visual triangle (and remind me where to file this one away in the albums when I finally get around to it).  ;)

To complete my layout I used the following cutting files designed by Lori:

You can see more of Lori's new shapes at her full store HERE.


Thanks so much for hanging with me today.  ;)


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful layout Mendi. Your family is gorgeous, always smiling and happy. =)

    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...