Thursday, June 6, 2013

Doodlebug Flower Box Guest Projects- Day 1

Pinch me 'cause I think I must be dreaming!  Today one of my all time favorite manufacturers Doodlebug is sharing a few of my creations from their Flower Box collection on their blog.  If any one company could sum up my love for all things cute they would be it.  In fact I still have some of their papers dating back to 2002 because I just can't seem to part with them.  LOL!  :)


I was so lucky to win this amazing collection on their blog when the line first came out and I almost cried tears of joy when I opened the box and saw all the goodies awaiting me in there!  I could hardly wait to dig in! 



For this layout, the sketch I had already planned to go with these photos had a cute little banner border so I was happy when I found the banner stickers from the collection matched my photos perfectly.


I used some American Craft Thickers to finish my title and was surprised when the tops of my letters started falling off.  Oops!  I had completely failed to realize I had picked up DIY thickers that were meant for adding glitter and such!  I really wanted them to be white so I ended up sprinkling them with white embossing powder which resulted in this interesting bubbly, textured surface.  Not exactly what I was expecting, but something fun to remember when I might want this look in the future.  ;)


For these projects I used the following items available at 2Peas and many other retailers:
If you don't already follow the Doodlebug blog make sure to hop over there and sign up for their email updates.  Their design team wows me every single day with amazing creations!  :)

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I'll be back tomorrow to share more detailed images for two more layouts I made using this fun and happy collection.  :)

1 comment:

  1. These projects are all adorable Mendi...congrats on being featured at Doodlebug--how exciting!! I love how the thickers turned out with the white embossing powder--very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...