Monday, May 6, 2013

Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger: Petits Fours

How was your weekend?  I am happy to report I survived my 3 days of cropping (until 10pm on Sunday night I might add).  I'm a night owl and appreciate my time away from home so I stayed until they practically kicked me out.  ;)

I'm popping in today to share a card I made for Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Triggers challenge!  I was so happy that Cath extended the deadline by a couple weeks so that I could play along because her image was really inspiring to me!


I love the soft color scheme with the flowers and the touch of silver and the wood grain texture in the background! I even loved the squares, but as I was working I ended up going a different direction and had to leave those off...


I originally was going to be literal and use a wood grain print embossing folder, but I decided to mix it up with a textured background of a similar feel so that I could use the modern wood mat stamp and coordinating die by Papertrey ink (on a side note the embossing folder I used is by Cuttlebug and the sentiment stamp is by Hero Arts).

I knew I wanted to use some soft pink blossoms, but I didn't have just the right shade of pink and I thought changing the color with chalk inks wouldn't have the softness I was looking for.   All of a sudden a light bulb came on and I realized I could drag out my overpriced Copic airbrush toy that has been collecting dust this past year!  I think I fell in love with it all over again.  It's so fun to be able to use it to customize colors and it's perfect for me since I don't own a big collection of messy spray mists.

I'm happy with how it came out since I had been putting off making this difficult sympathy card for a couple weeks now. I think this design would also work well for a wedding with a little switch-a-roo on the sentiment.  ;)

If you're feeling as inspired by the Tuesday Trigger as I was, why don't you play along?!  (Details found HERE)  The challenge runs through May 12.  Thanks for stopping by.  :)

4 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! Love your take on the Moxie Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is absolutely stunning!! Love your take on the inspiration photo and think you did a wonderful job!

    Hugs,
    JO
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the trigger. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mendi! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...