Monday, May 20, 2013

A Simple Stories Snap Rainbow & Sunshine Card

How is everyone?  I meant to get this posted earlier today, but I've been running behind.  I made this little card awhile back in response to Paper Crafts Magazine's call for Sunshines and rainbows for their upcoming July/August issue.  It didn't make the cut, but this happy little sunshine still has a special place in my heart. 



I used Simple Stories Snap Studio Mini 6x6 paper pad and a sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Up, Up & Away Sentiments set.  I took my inspiration from this clip art that I found through google and pieced together various shapes from the Silhouette store to acheive the look I was going for which was a fun challenge. 

Hope you're enjoying some sun in your neck of the woods!  :)
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I am not sure why this didn't make the cut but oh lord is this so adorable!!! I love it!! How did you make your rays? Are they a silhouette cut?

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. :) Yes, I used this cutting file and then another sun shape for the face: http://www.silhouetteonlinestore.com/?page=view-shape&id=32067

      Delete
  2. well, I love everything you make so I would have picked it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well..they were wrong in not choosing your card---it is beyond adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...