Thursday, May 16, 2013

A My Mind's Eye "Collectible" Layout

I am embarrassed to admit I'm still recovering from my 3-days of scrapbooking at the beginning of the month and all the work that led up to it.  I've been feeling a bit sluggish and in a creative slump, but on a happy note my house is benefiting and I am finally getting around to some very big piles of laundry.  Yay for that!  LOL!  :)

To keep my foot in the door during my short break from my craft room I thought I would finally get around to sharing one of my layouts I completed during my marathon weekend.  I made this one for this month's Craft Warehouse's Scrapbook Club.  For this challenge they gave us a 1/2 sheet of the My Mind's Eye Collectible paper (the one with the spiky doilies), a 12x12 sheet of cardstock and a little pearl stick pin (and I purchased two more coordinating papers from the collection as well).  The theme this month was to scrapbook a fortune from a fortune cookie, but I decided to be more broad and scrapbook about how fortunate I am.

I was a bit stumped how to utilize the pin portion of the challenge after I had planned out most of my page, but then I realized I could turn it into a tiny flag and pierce it through a ribbon knot.



For my title I used some American Crafts Thickers paired with some older October Afternoon Mini Market Stickers.  I ended up fussy cutting the doilies from the challenge paper to create flowers of sorts around my photos.  "Fussy" is the key word because I must have played with a million different combinations and I'm still not sure I'm happy with them, but at some point you just have to let go, right?



To tie up my theme in a neat little package, I added some heartfelt journaling from one of the journaling cards cut from one of the two extra pieces of paper I bought from the collection.  I got lucky where it landed as I diecut the turquoise circle from the other side of the sheet.  Love when I can get bang for my buck like that and use up almost every square inch!  :)



Well there ya have it.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I could have sworn I've been to your blog before but after going through some of the articles I realized it'ѕ new
    to me. Anywауs, I'm certainly happy I discovered it and I'll be book-marking it аnԁ cheсking bacκ frequеntly!


    Also visit my web-site - http://Emorroidii...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this layout! It is not everyday that you see the scrapbooker in the photos, much less doing a scrapbook page on themselves! The pictures of you are great and I love your journaling. You did a fantastic job of turning those spikey doilies into flowers. Love it!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this pretty layout Mendi...nice to see you featuring yourself on a page too:). Love the doilie flowers with the button middles...and the cute little pin flag.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...