Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!  :)


I thought I would share a last minute, quick card I made for a monthly card challenge that I participate in at my local Craft Warehouse store.  For this card we were given a sheet of 6x6 paper from Bo Bunny's new Love Letters collection and the pink bow with self-adhesive. 

As I was pulling things together I realized it matched perfectly with some Bo Bunny Valentine's Day papers I had from years ago and some ancient Scrabble tile stickers that I just knew someday I would need (circa 2003).  LOL!   I paired them with Technique Tuesday's recently re-released stamp set "Adored" by Ali Edwards.

I was in a hurry so to speed up the process I thought it would be fun to scraplift a card from Pinterest.  This card by the amazing Betsy Veldman totally caught my eye!   You can check out some inspiration boards I have put together here.  I have started adding new pins to them daily with ideas I find at various blogs I frequent--Pinterest is such a great way to keep all your inspiration in one spot (and not clog up your hard drive like I was doing).  ;)

I hope you all have a wonderful day surrounded by those you love whether is be a significant other, kids or even your girlfriends.  I'm not sure if we will do something special yet or not...  My husband is Japanese and believes in taking the kids everywhere including anniversary dinners, Valentine's dinners, etc.  Going on romantic vacations as a child-free couple is something we've yet to do, BUT I am determined we will do it for our 25th (which is still a distant 8 years away).  Anyway, maybe it's time we start some sort of new Valentine's Day tradition.  Any suggestions?  I would love to hear how you spend your Valentine's Day.  :)


3 comments:

  1. Mendi, this is such a sweet card and although you found the original design on pinterest, you were able to recreate it with your own personal touches. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card... I simply love that stamp you used too!! Great job Mendi, hope you and your family enjoyed Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...