Monday, February 18, 2013

A Project Life Grid Style Layout

Hi there!

For Lori's blog today, I thought I would  give her awesome Life Card cutting files a try.  I don't actually keep a Project Life or December Daily album, but I just knew these fabulous little cards would also work well for a grid style layout.  Personally I love linear designs so I have always been drawn to this type of layout anyway.



These photos have been sitting in my photo box for over 3 years now.  Honestly I was having trouble finding the perfect paper to match my daughter's red dress and that glowing hot pink hat, but then it hit me that I could do a monochromatic layout!  And who does this color of fuchsia better than Doodlebug?



When I saw these life cards I knew I would love to try cutting them out with a white tone on tone approach--almost making them appear as if they were embossed.  What I wasn't sure about was which color I would like to use for my background.  I actually tried white, kraft, grey and black before coming to chocolate brown!  The grey was too cool of a color for my photos and the black was too stark, but as soon as I slid the brown in it felt like just right for the amount of contrast I was looking for.



I love how the layered white cards add a lot of texture and detail without overwhelming my layout visually.  I finished my layout off with some machine stitching and stamping with my favorite Technique Tuesday stamps by Ali Edwards.  :)



For This project, I used the following cutting files:
Banner Flag Set
Valentine's Set
3x4 Life Cards
3x4 Life Cards Collection
'You Melt My Heart' Phrase  (Silhouette Store)
Border Strip Layered  (Silhouette Store)
4 Button Set (Silhouette Store)
Arrow Set  (Silhouette Store)
3 Circles  (Silhouette Store)
Hearts  (Silhouette Store)

Thanks for stopping by today!


9 comments:

  1. Mendi I totally love this layout and I thought each of those pocket squares were embossed too. I love your little girls hat as well. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mendi this is just gorgeous!! You really got an eye for design girl! Love it!


    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo. You're always so sweet. I appreciate it! :)

      Delete
  3. I love this, I pinned it and bought a few of the files from the silhouette store!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are all of these cut out and glued to look like embossing or are some of them embossed? I can see in some of the pictures the actual cut lines but some of them truly look like you embossed them. I love this layout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't do any embossing on this layout. It's all diecut--definitely a fun technique. ;)

      Delete
  5. Love all those white on white diecuts (at first I thought it was embossing too). Just awesome--this is so adorable!! You rock girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All that and a bag of chips. I love this and how cute is she? Thanks for sharing! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is all that and a bag of chips. So very creative and the texture is wonderful - and of course the pictures are beautiful. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...