Thursday, September 27, 2012

An Echo Park Hello Summer Flip Card

Meet today's Card....It's A flip card using Echo Park's Hello Summer collection and more fun diecutting files designed by Lori Whitlock.

 
In addition to the regular paper pack, I loved this set so much I bought the digital version for my blog header.  I decided in an effort to get more bang for my buck I would experiment with printing the digital paper onto heavy weight cardstock for my card base.  This had the added benefit of working well for the flip card without having to deal with another distracting print showing through from the back side. 
 
I ended up printing out the polka-dot digital paper using my Silhouette Cameo software.  By importing it into my project I was able to "lay" the paper over the card shape and only print the amount I needed with very little waste.  It was my first time trying this, but I was excited with how easy it was!

 
Lori Whitlock's Silhouette Files used:
3d flip swing card circle
 
Other supplies used:
Echo Park's Hello Summer 12x12 paper pack & Stickers (also designed by Lori Whitlock). ;)
"Hello" Summer Dots Everywhere" digital paper (purchased at Jessica Sprague here)
Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Other: Thread, orange vinyl (for bird legs)
 
Thanks so much for visiting!  :)





4 comments:

  1. This card is adorable Mendi! And I love EP papers!

    hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo cute! I have never made one of these cards but seeing yours it does look fun! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Mendi! How totally cute! Your attention to detail always amazes me---love the center with the bird, branch, clouds and stitching! All so perfectly placed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so stinkin' cute...I love this collection and have barely used it. What an awesome card!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...