Sunday, September 4, 2011

An Owl Themed Birthday...

I'm finally getting around to sharing the birthday invites I made for my oldest daughter's 11th birthday coming up. She made a very specific request for owl themed invites (and since I am forcing her use a mish-mesh of party themed plates and napkins so we can use stuff up before we move) I was only too happy to oblige.

I got my inspiration for the patchwork style owl from Pottery Barn style bedding and some adorable owl pillows I found here

Anyway, I had a ton of this Pebbles, Inc. paper (as much as I love it, Pebbles in My Pocket required that I buy them in multiples of 2) so I was super happy to find a way use up some of my extras. :) I also used my Silhouette to try to speed up the cutting process although with so many little pieces they still took quite a bit of time, but I think they were worth it. Here's the finished card:

My daughter doesn't really care for cake and chocolate and has requested a giant cookie from Walmart as her "cake". To suppliment that, I'm going to try my hand at making these adorable owl cookies I found here.

Aren't those too cute? Hopefully I can do them justice. We're celebrating her birthday slumber party style and these cute little things are titled "Night Owl" cookies so I thought it was quite suiting.

Thanks for stopping by. :)


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...