Monday, June 27, 2011

A Fourth of July Layout! :)

I thought I would share a layout I just put the finishing touches on late last week.  I made this one as a display for one of my favorite local scrapbook stores "A Joy Forever" in Milwaukie, Oregon.  She wanted me to use My Mind's American Made collection.  I wasn't sure how I felt about this line at first glance, but after I found some old photos that still needed scrapbooking and started playing with it I found it really fun and easy to work with.  I also used a new banner border die by Quickutz (although there are so many other great options in that department too).


My original plan was to put my title on the banner, but after I got it made I realized it was just too busy that way so I was left scrambling trying to find a new spot to squeeze in my title.  I used the light blue banner paper as a guide to create a scalloped edge out of the red checked paper.  I also cut out some extra pin wheels and popped them up on foam tape for some added movement.  :)

Thanks for peeking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...